Tik tok FA icon

Any chance Tik Tok could be added to the dropdown of the available FA icons in Foundry?

1 Like

Unfortunately the version of FontAwesome that is a part of the Stacks API does not contain that icon.

Ah yeah, just realized I was looking at the wrong FA version on the web.

Yeah, sorry. It is tough because including another version of FA against what the API does can be a problem. Especially when users combine stacks from various developers. Everything needs to go through the API. And even then, honestly adding FA 5+ to Stacks is going to be a difficult task for Isaiah I suspect in making everything just work together.

1 Like

It’s now been a while. Do you have TikTok icon yet or FA 5 or 6?

FontAwesome v5 and / or v6 are not a part of the Stacks API. As I mentioned above in my original reply. See below:

I also mentioned this:

If having FontAwesome 5 available for stuff like this is important to you be sure to let the Stacks developer know. :+1:

Thanks for the response. Yes, i really need TikTok on the site. Not sure what the best way to do this is. I know that foundation allows 5 icons, but foundry doesn’t. But I do understand why. I’m not sure if I should just add a png file or something with a link to get around this. I am open to suggestions. It is not an option not to have that icon. thanks.

I ended up using the ‘Media Group’ stack and just found a image of the tiktok logo online. Looks like this in RW and on the web:

Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 3.41.52 PM

Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 3.42.07 PM

4 Likes

thank you so much. I’m not sure how are you are using foundry in the pictures you posted. How are you inserted them using something called paragraph with the icon to the left above the word paragraph. I’m using something that works with foundry called Chroma… What dragon drop part of foundry are you using to do what you did? And is there a way to do it with just the icon and not the paragraph or words? I think I’m too new to foundry. But I’ve been using rapid weaver for 15 years

Hi @operaceo,

I know it’s been almost a month since you asked the question, but here goes:

@jabostick used Media Group, one of Foundry’s base stacks (comes with Foundry) that allows you to pair a Paragraph stack with an image.

You can read more about that in the documentation for Media Group.

Cheers,
Erwin