Update banner stack?

Is there a Foundry stack that will place an updateable banner at the top of the page?
Something like “Just won the award for xxxx today!” that I can then update in a couple days or week as I need to?

Do you want to update it without opening Rapidweaver and re-publishing the page? Give us a little more information on what you need, please.

1 Like

If you own Alloy, you can easily do this. Just use either an Embed or a Droplet, depending on how extensive the content is that you want to update.

1 Like

I do have Alloy. I’d like to do it WITHOUT opening RW and re-publishing page.
Flirting with the idea of a scrolling message at top of the page (moosevoice.com) where you see the red line.

Hi @zamboknee

Using Alloy, create either an embed or droplet that contains the content that needs to be updatable.

Then, in the banner stack, set it to display the embed or droplet instead of the image or text you’d normally enter.

Publish your page and presto! You can now instantly change the content of the banner using the Alloy editor.

Cheers,
Erwin

2 Likes

Maybe an odd question, but given you will have to open something to update it, why the aversion to opening RW?

I’m not averse to opening RW. It’d just be nice to be able to do it from any browser.

2 Likes

It looks like the Embed within Alloy will work. Can anyone recommend a stack that will allow the Embed’s content to scroll across the top?

Hi @zamboknee,

Take a look at DotMatrix by Stacks4Stacks (and no, it doesn’t just display the marquee in a dot matrix font thankfully).

Cheers,
Erwin