Video - self hosting and overlaying text?

Been away from Rapidweaver/Foundry and websites for a while, (12 months) a client has now asked me to design and update their site. I notice Foundry 3 has a self hosting video option, will this allow a number of videos to run on the same page? I think the last plug-in I was using was having issues, it was embedded and spanned the full width, but it was loading from youtube and pulled everything with it/adverts etc (the client had uploaded it) was using video embed 2.4.5.0
Also will the new stack in Foundry 3 allow me to overlay text over the top? Im looking to try and build something like this…https://thruxtonracing.co.uk

Currently using Rapid 8.3 and Foundry 2.4.5.0

Thanks Jon

Self hosting your videos definitely gets around YouTube’s advertising, and such. What you’re looking to do would be done with Foundry 3’s Cinema tool.

As for Foundry 2 – If you own the Foundry addon pack called Thunder then you have access to something similar. Here’s a look at that tool from the Legacy documentation page. If you don’t own the Thunder Pack you don’t have access to this tool in Foundry 2. Like I said above though, something like it is included as a part of Foundry 3.

Thanks for the quick response Adam - Yes I have thunder, so I‘II take a look. Cheers Jon

1 Like