Website best practice

Hi, I stumbled upon a nice video regarding websites best practice. I recommend to have a look:

4 Likes

Thanks for the link, very enlightening. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I like a lot of this advice. Some good information. Except for the part about leaving off dates! Especially if it is an article about technology. If it is a post is from 10-20 years ago I want to know right away that it is out of date. I don’t want to set out on a research project to figure that out for myself. That wastes my time.

He asks the question “has this subject changed in 10 years?” If I knew the answer to that I wouldn’t be reading the article in the first place Lol! My solution for this would be to link to an updated post that may include any changes that would have happened over that period of time.

The part about where he talks about slides gave me something to think about. I am currently constructing a page built entirely around a Orbit slide stack. The number of slides will likely be closer to three (instead of ten) and they are more focused on full page layouts instead of photographs. Load time is currently slow so I am considering interspersing graphic rich slides with solid color slides. Good to know the pitfalls you may face when working with the tool.

1 Like

Weirdly I’ve also been making commercial websites for 23 years (first one was powered by PHP Website in 2001) and I agree 100% with everything in that video.

If you disagree, you’re either using niche examples (like Kip above) or are just plain wrong :slight_smile:

Oh, and it’s pronounced “niessssch” not “nitch”

:wink:

2 Likes