What does this message mean?

A few days ago I bought the Rustic theme. Now I wanted to start a project and got this message:
You are using the incorrect theme. Please switch your theme selection to the Foundry v3 theme.
When downloading I had no choice between a Foundry version.
I thought all the themes they sold were state of the art.

@Fittiputti There is a difference between a theme and a framework. A framework like Foundry 3 is very open-ended … essentially it lets you create your own look & feel to the website (i.e. create your own theme). Themes are much more constricted in how they work. The benefit of a framework is it’s versatility, a benefit of a theme is it’s already done the “look and feel” for you.

To make things more complicated, RapidWeaver demands a theme to be used. So, when using Foundry 3 you need to also use the Foundry 3 theme (which is very open-ended and meets the requirements for using RapidWeaver).

I’m not sure what happened in your case, but it sound like you started developing a page using Foundry 3 stacks with the Rustic theme … but the Foundry 3 stacks will only work with the Foundry 3 theme. Put differently, the message you got was correct. Since you apparently purchased F3, the solution is pretty simple:

1. change the theme used to Foundry 3
    or
  2. use Rustic theme but don’t use any of the F3 stacks
3 Likes

Many thanks for the quick response.
I know the difference between a theme and a framework. I did different projects with Foundry 2 and also use other useful things from Elixir. To get to know Foundry 3 I wanted to use your YouTube videos “Building your first Foundry Site”.
The Steel theme is used as the basis. However, I can no longer find this theme on the Elixir page. The link leads to a 404 error.
That is my first specific question: is that just a side error or did you withdraw the theme?
I think it would be for me and many other people who want to learn something from your videos useful to get Steel again.
As a replacement for “Steel” I bought the “Rust” theme developed by Elixir in your shop. That is apparently not compatible with Foundry 3. How should I understand your advice “Change the Theme Used to Foundry 3”?
Does this mean to convert “Rustic” into a Foundry 3 theme?
How does it work?
Or is that meant I should use another native foundry 3 theme?

Steel is not a theme. It is a prebuilt Starter Kit project file that comes with Foundry 3 in your download in the Extras folder.

You MUST use the Foundry theme when using Foundry. You can check the Getting Started page on the Foundry site for more information. @mitchellm was 100% correct on everything he said. Give that Getting Startee page a good read through and watch the videos there and follow along.

Thanks for the reply.
The Extras folder was lost.
Now I can close the gap that I was missing.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.