Would you have a use for custom slugs in Alloy's Editor?

I posed this question to Alloy beta testers yesterday and I’d like to ask here to see what you all think as well…

So I’ve been trying to decide for a while whether I should attempt to build a custom “slug” feature for Alloy or not – whether it would be something users would like and actually use, or whether it would be a waste of my time in figuring it out when I could be putting that effort into something else.

Basically a custom slug would mean that you’d be creating the ID for each post separately from the blog title. You can do with with manually created posts now already, but the Editor stack uses the post title for creating the slug to make things simpler for the user.

In other words an example blog post could have a title of "Great things to do on your road trip across America in 2021!" but you could make the slug something like 2021-road-trip-attractions

This would take some serious thought on how to do this without screwing up people’s current posts, so I would want to know if this is something that would be useful to you all, or not before setting off down this path.

Yes. It would be worth the time spent; along with adding Pretty URLs. Slugs would be great because it would allow us to shorten and hone our slug to include imported keywords only.

I sure would like to be a tester. :smiley:

I think it is worthwhile. For passing on links, for SEO reasons like adding keyword to the URL which otherwise would only show in the text and for clients who see this in other solutions - and will ask me to offer this feature as well :slight_smile:

For my personal blog it would make little difference. However, I might not be your typical user.
Rory