Problem with Alloy RSS Feed (isnt generating feed)

this is what im doing to set it up… its a work in progress

Nice job. Unfortunately there is a “but”: Debian and PHP8.2
It is necessary to ensure that the following files are properly installed:
apt-get install -y php-pdo php-mysql php-zip php-gd php-mbstring php-curl php-xml php-pear php-bcmath.
In fact with Debian12 I had to do a clean installation because the upgrade from Debian11 generated problems. After the default installation at least I installed the rest (LAMP with PHP basic provided by Debian) then I upgraded to PHP8.2
I encountered too many recurring problems between Debian and PHP8 to have been able to do otherwise. Today it works. Installation automation never worked properly, so I abandoned the idea for Debian and PHP8. I have two friends who boast of having succeeded without problems but I really doubt it.
Unfortunately, I have no other advice because in theory your installation should work, I did not notice any errors in the script. Sorry for not having better news. :pensive:

Script does work actually….

I’ve been killing and redeploying it after making changes…

I’ll add all those php modules and see if that helps.

I’m sure some of the problem is that I’m running this on a bare bones Proxmox LXC which probably doesn’t have everything a full install has like my current web server

My end goal has always to move away from VMs to LXC as much as possible

OK, So I finally got it to work.

What I had to do was create the rss.xml file myself in the blog directory and then chown it to www-data:www-data and then it generated.

ill have to do more research later but im assuming because when i setup the server i defined the permissions for the web directories perhaps www-data doesn’t have the ability to write to my blog directory…

1 Like

Excellent, sorry for the response delay this time it was bedtime in France :grin:
I don’t remember you had this owner file problem previously… anyway again congratulation for your great job, I like your approach very much. :+1: