Slider stack question

Elixir F3

Hi, I am still a novice, so please bear with me. I am using the F3 slider stack to display a short slide show of 6-10 wedding pictures. In the F3 image stack, photos can be prevented from being dragged or right clicked. This function is not offered in slider images’ info pane. In there a way to switch on this function within the slider’s picture library. I have attached a zip file. The page can be accessed under Worship/Special Services/Weddings. Thanks in advance, Mike.

The Slider tool doesn’t have that feature. But being :100: with you here – if someone wants an image from your site they can simply screen grab it. The options you mentioned are ok, but they’re like a lock on a door. For the most part they keep honest people honest. If someone wants an image on your site there’s literally always a way to get it.

1 Like

Thank you for your quick response. I do appreciate that screen images can always be grabbed. The pictures in the sliders are low resolution for this reason - no matter how high your screen resolution or how the image is magnified, it won’t get any better. I suppose I will have to reduce the resolution further! As this useful feature is present in your images stack, but not in the slider images feature, maybe this could be a future modification to consider?

I’m wondering what percentage of folks DO know how to do screen captures? I’d guess it’s around 70% or higher. Not true 10 years ago, but screen capturing tools are built into the OS: they are prevalent and used a lot … even by grandmothers and grandfathers.

If you really want to prevent copying, the best technique is to use a service which will secure the page by password, or limited to a specific set of emails. PageSafe is good, Sitelok is great, for these purposes.

1 Like

The only way to prevent someone from not copying your images from the internet it to not post them to the internet unfortunately.

If you want to make a feature request for the feature you can feel free to do so using the instructions in this thread:

2 Likes

Thank you for all your answers. I have now reduced the resolution of the 10 pictures of some weddings at my church. So screen grabbing will only result in a rather poor quality, fuzzy picture,I’m just trying t placate peoples’ worries. I have explained, that screen grabs cannot be prevented. But thank you all for your responses.

1 Like

Screen grabs aside – Viewing page source and copying the URL is also an option for people that want to take your photos.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.