Unable to update Foundry (1.2.5.0 -> 1.2.5.1)

Unable to update Foundry. (1.2.5.0 → 1.2.5.1)

What is the problem ?

1 Like

Close rapidweaver and relaunch it. Then see if that helps the updater.

1 Like

Steve: I’ve tried your suggestion and others. The install does not seem to work for me either.

To be fair a Foundry update takes much longer than other stacks (it’s also much larger). I’m currently away from home and my internet connection is slower than what I’m used to. But it is a connection and I am able to do other internet-type things just fine.

@elixirgraphics: if we can not update the regular way might there be a way to do a direct download of the update? I know 19 Mb is easy for me to download, but the process of how RW downloads/installs updates seems to not be working so well for some of us this time around.

1 Like

Doesn’t update for me either and that’s on two Macs, I have started RW many times and left it for hours!

1 Like

Installed OK for me for a large update. It took 2 attempts for it to install but this is pretty normal in my experience. I have noticed that RW7 and Stacks seems to do this more often with a large Stacks update. I hesitate to mention another large framework, but that large collection of stacks also sometimes needs several attempts to install.

I have reinstalled Foundry and still no joy. I’m also having a problem with another stack that repeatedly updates to the same version!

Yes, definitely not updating (or fully updating) for me either despite multiple tries, restarts (both of RW and of computer). Despite giving it 60 minutes or so.

… on the other hand it seems I am getting a partial update. When I republish some pages the conflicts I saw before no longer exist (as indicated in 1.2.5.1 update text) but others remain: so not a complete update.

I don’t know if this has anything to do with it but my Stacks folder is in Dropbox. Never a problem before, but still it may be the cause of some problem here. Mainly, however, I’m guessing it’s the noticeably slower internet connection compared to when I’m home. (Unfortunately I’m using this slower internet connection for another week. On the good side this slower connection is in Paris so while web design issues may have to wait, other aspects of my life are very happy!)

3 Likes

I am having the same issue. The stack console log reports

Stack Updater: Installing 1 stacks.
:red_circle: Foundry : Needs Update
Stack Updater: Stack install timed out for Foundry.
Stack Updater: Done installing.

It then actually downloads it but nothing happens after that. The time out occurs almost instantly. RW restarts have no affect. Might try again later.

cheers

So you are getting married? :slight_smile:

Same issue, can’t update :confused:

:slight_smile:

No, not married. (Already happily there.) Just some really great rest and rejuvenation time after a very intense 4 year period of work. It means I’m excited to work again instead of feeling like it’s the dog days.

1 Like

Morning all. Sorry to see you all are having problems updating. Before sending an update out to everyone I try it once myself. Since I had no troubles with it when I did so I sent it out publicly yesterday. When I saw all your messages this morning I set everything back to the previous version and tried again and still had no problem, so this one is perplexing me a bit. It is sounding like a Stacks problem, but I’d like to see if we can’t get it to work. Let’s all try a couple of things…

1. Close all of your RapidWeaver projects.
  2. Create a new, blank RapidWeaver project file and add one, blank Stacks page to it.
  3. Go to the Stacks Library and click on the Updates tab at the bottom.
  4. If needed click the Check Now button to find the update.
  5. Click the Update button next to Foundry’s update instead of using the Update All button at the top of the Update window.*

*Addendum note: Foundry is a big file, so I think Stacks handles it better when it doesn’t have to deal with Foundry and other stacks at the same time.

I’m only about 50% sure this will solve the problem. I’ve double-checked the update and the files on the server and nothing seems to be out of the ordinary. So, if I could get some information from everyone it would be helpful as I’m not able to recreate the problem here myself. If you’re having problems, please let me know the following:

1. What version of RapidWeaver are you using?
  2. What version of Stacks are you using?
  3. What version of Foundry are you using before trying to update?
  4. Are you clicking the Update All button or the Update button located next to Foundry in the Update window?
  5. Does RapidWeaver crash during the update?
  6. Does the update complete, but then tell you there is an update still available for Foundry?
3 Likes

Hi, the update is shown and it looks like it is installing. After installing, all stacks still show 1.2.5.0 and the update is shown again at the next start of RW. Can you please look into this?

Thank you

Jan

The same problem Jan, I hope Adam solves …

Cheers

This worked for me, after the update I had to quit and reopen RW and the Foundry stacks are now listed as 1.2.5.1.

Thank you!

1 Like

@Fuellemann & @TINO – Your other thread was a duplicate of this one so I’ve merged it here. As for looking into this – yes, of course I will. It is just now morning where I am and woke up to this problem that is being outlined in this thread. If you can provide the information requested above it will aid me in trying to get things working for you. I suspect the problem lies with the Stacks updater, but need to troubleshoot it, with the information requested above, to see what might be the problem.

2 Likes

Morning Adam, I did exactly what you told and it works fine (updated to the latest version of Foundry).
Thank you so much, as always you are a great help :slightly_smiling_face:
Tino

2 Likes

@elixirgraphics Your suggested steps worked! Many thanks. In my case I did not even need to do an update as it said the update was already there. (It clearly did not recognize the update when I had my regular work going.)

Foundry is so much bigger than other stacks that it seems you are correct re: size and problems when other projects opened. I’m not sure Isaiah anticipated stacks being 18 Mb or so in size!

Before your current instructions I was having problems and I was using the following:

1. RW Version 7.5 (18719b)
  2. Stacks 3.2.7
  3. Foundry 1.2.5.0
  4. I honestly don’t remember. I likely did both at different times. But I know I tried only Update All at some points, and Update at other times. Neither worked on their own.
  5. RW did not crash.
  6. At first the update did not seem to complete (last evening) but sometime it did say it was complete but also stated an update was available. All the relevant stacks when selected stated they were still 1.2.5.0

I hope this helps a bit.

Foundry is so much bigger than other stacks that it seems you are correct re: size and problems when other projects opened. I’m not sure Isaiah anticipated stacks being 18 Mb or so in size!

Glad to hear it worked for you!

Thankfully the update file that is delivered for Foundry is only 7.4mb currently. :wink:

Before your current instructions I was having problems and I was using the following:

• RW Version 7.5 (18719b)
  • Stacks 3.2.7
  • Foundry 1.2.5.0
  • I honestly don’t remember. I likely did both at different times. But I know I tried only Update All at some points, and Update at other times. Neither worked on their own.
  • RW did not crash.
  • At first the update did not seem to complete (last evening) but sometime it did say it was complete but also stated an update was available. All the relevant stacks when selected stated they were still 1.2.5.0

I hope this helps a bit.

Thanks. As I get more information from others hopefully it will. :+1:

Adam: On my hard drive it says 18.1 Mb. Do you mean the delivered file/package is 7.4 Mb and then expands to 18.1 Mb once installed?

… Or do I have something wonky going on?