Foundry v2 Upgrade and Release Date Information

Thanks so much for your kind words @TINO and @elixirgraphics
More projects on the pipeline to be released and coming soon.

Best

3 Likes

Can’t wait to see what you’re working on!

1 Like

Here’s the second and third one updated to F2. With Easy CMS integrated no problems at all.

Don’t know what I’ve done. Why this Site shows like this… :shushing_face:
https://vaao.de/

Hi,

I bought Foundry V1 in 2017, and will be upgrading to Version 2 this evening, depending on this response.

Do i need to uninstall V1, or does the V2 upgrade takes it’s place???, is V1 automatically deleted on V2 installation???

Many thanks for your reply /replies, and your time

All the best

Mike

Hi @Mike1052! Welcome to the community!

Foundry v2 replaces Foundry v1. This is done like this so that you don’t have to rebuild your site and everything continues just as it did before when using Foundry. Your current Foundry stacks all become Foundry v2 stacks. You simply get new features, new stacks and new improvements. No need to redo your site.

First time you publish with Foundry v2 though you’ll want to do a “Republish All Files” from RapidWeaver.

5 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: How are the Foundry Documentation pages designed?

Downloaded this morning although the exchage rate these days isn’t all that good (but who’s counting). In any event Iseult is as happy as an ECS can be…

1 Like

Just bought Foundry 2 and already love it. Bravo ! :clap:

1 Like

One of the best product launches I have had the pleasure to witness. Really great features - I love the fact that I e. g. can set font sizes for different breakpoints. :tada::smiley::four_leaf_clover::birthday:Thank you!

3 Likes

Thank you @beretrouge!! Look forward to seeing what you and others build with Foundry v2. Don’t forget to post your site designs in the Foundry Site Showcase section of the forum.

Thank you @Fuellemann! I always try to make sure that everything is ready for launch day. I don’t want people stuck in the lurch without documentation or tutorials on how to use something. I would not like that if I were a customer, so I don’t want to do that to others.

3 Likes

I bought the update yesterday and I’m very happy with it.
To select Foundry is a very good decision :+1:

Thanks, Adam, for such a fine product :clap:

2 Likes

Thank you @TomS2! So glad to hear you’re excited for Foundry’s latest update!

1 Like

Hi Adam,
Can’t install v2. Still showing 1.3.4.4. Do I have delete v1 first? If so, how do you recommend doing that? Thanks!

Hey there @porcupine

Only thing you need to do is drag Foundry v2’s stack onto your RapidWeaver icon in your Dock. RapidWeaver will launch and install the update. Then quit and restart RapidWeaver and Foundry 2 should be good to go. You should always restart RapidWeaver after installing any addons.

That worked, thanks! I had been clicking on the stack to install and that wasn’t working, even though RapidWeaver said it was installing it, strange. I don’t know if others will have the same experience as I did, or if this is a new bug with RW, but dragging to the dock did the trick. Thanks again!

1 Like

This can happen sometimes if you have more than one version of RapidWeaver on your computer. The OS has to choose what app to launch to install the addon, and sometimes that isn’t the one you want it in. I find the drag-and-drop method to be the best as it assures me it will get installed right where I want it.

2 Likes

Just about thru most of the new upgrades and they are working great. Excellent job Adam! One I was slated to start taking a look at today was Mason, but for some reason I can not locate these templates. Are they separate from the v2 upgrade? Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks @shad1111 for the kind words on the Foundry v2 release!

Yes, they’re a separate, free download on the Foundry site. You can access them in a variety of ways on the Foundry site.

There’s a link to them on the front page in the section that mentions Mason. There’s a link to them on the purchase Foundry page if you scroll down a little bit. There’s a link to Mason from the Foundry addons page. And then of course on the Mason templates page, which all of the above link too.

That should get you there. :+1:

2 Likes

Adam, for the past week or so, I’ve had the pleasure of working with the new and revised stacks in Foundry 2. Your update has exceeded expectations and my expectations, based on the excellence of your work, were already high. I’m truly impressed with this upgrade. The new stacks are wonderful while the original stacks have some nice improvements. I have been using Foundry for the last two years and this just reminds me of what a great choice it was to purchase your product. Of course, I also acquired the Potion and Thunder packs. Foundry is simply awesome and it continues to get better. Know that your efforts are appreciated and that also goes for the video documentation. Great job. Keep going! – Gregg

3 Likes

Thanks @Gregg (and welcome to the forum too!)!!

Really appreciate the kind words on Foundry. It means a lot to me that people are enjoying creating their sites using Foundry. When things calm down around the Foundry v2 release I will be working on some updates for the Potion and Thunder Packs. I’ve also got some ideas on improving Alloy as well. That will be a longer process though. All that to say there’s a lot of updates to come to keep moving Foundry forward.

3 Likes