Foundry v2 Upgrade and Release Date Information

I have a site showcase thread here on the forum: https://elixir.support/c/foundry/foundry-site-showcase

You can post there to show off your creations or ask for feedback. I find this to be better than on the website as people’s designs often change and then the website gets outdated really quickly.

1 Like

Being into RW for only about 5 years and all that time with another highly promoted and active support community, mainly centered around that product line, I hardly ever ventured out into the RW community site until I needed to switch to Foundry. I’m learning new things every day here and in the RW forum. I discovered RW and frameworks because the software I used for 10+ years went defunct. A RW developer jumped on their forum and promoted switching over. Best move ever. PROMOTE, PROMOTE, PROMOTE what you’re doing and others will follow.

2 Likes

Glad to have you in the RapidWeaver Community!

Foundry is now updated on the RapidWeaver Community site! Yay! :tada:

If you’re digging Foundry v2 and have a spare moment or two, leave it a like and / or a comment! It really does help out, believe it or not!

2 Likes

You’re right. I’ll keep an eye on it…

1 Like

Just a short question regarding the new Nav. Bar Pro stack: In the “normal” horizontal menu I can place menu items. But how can I do a submenu for one of these items? For the “Dropdown Item” I can use an “Expand Item” to manage sub-pages, but I didn’t find anything for the main menu. Any hints…?

@RapidBase — The Navigation Items option for the various Zones in Navigation Bar Pro do not have child navigation items. They’re meant to make a top tier navigation only.

This is to promote a cleaner, more streamlined navigation layout.

Ok, thanks Adam. Although I find this quite limiting since most of my client sites have dozens of pages which could nicely be grouped in Dropdown menus. So this otherwise nice nav stack won’t be of use for most of my projects. :thinking:

1 Like

I’m hoping that Navigation Bar Pro might promote simpler navigation bars instead of listing every page on the site in the top nav bar. The Foundry site for example has aprox. 150 pages, give or take, but it makes use of the Navigation Bar Pro stack for its main navigation. On pages where I need to break things out further, like the Documentation pages, I’ve included some Vertical Navigation stacks to handle those since they’re a subset of the site’s navigation.

1 Like

I’ve been busy doing other things and haven’t even watched any of the tutorials or read about the upgrades. I bought it immediately anyway. That’s how much I trust your work. Congratulations on the release. Go eat a peach!

2 Likes

Thanks @Bioguy! The tutorials, documentation and more will be waiting for you! :smiley:

Thank you Adam! I have ought the upgrade!
Wishing you every success!
A great developer & gentleman!
Best wishes,
Ros

Thank you so much @1nf0t3ch!! You rock!

Thanks so much for your kind words @TINO and @elixirgraphics
More projects on the pipeline to be released and coming soon.

Best

3 Likes

Can’t wait to see what you’re working on!

1 Like

Here’s the second and third one updated to F2. With Easy CMS integrated no problems at all.

Don’t know what I’ve done. Why this Site shows like this… :shushing_face:
https://vaao.de/

Hi,

I bought Foundry V1 in 2017, and will be upgrading to Version 2 this evening, depending on this response.

Do i need to uninstall V1, or does the V2 upgrade takes it’s place???, is V1 automatically deleted on V2 installation???

Many thanks for your reply /replies, and your time

All the best

Mike

Hi @Mike1052! Welcome to the community!

Foundry v2 replaces Foundry v1. This is done like this so that you don’t have to rebuild your site and everything continues just as it did before when using Foundry. Your current Foundry stacks all become Foundry v2 stacks. You simply get new features, new stacks and new improvements. No need to redo your site.

First time you publish with Foundry v2 though you’ll want to do a “Republish All Files” from RapidWeaver.

5 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: How are the Foundry Documentation pages designed?

Downloaded this morning although the exchage rate these days isn’t all that good (but who’s counting). In any event Iseult is as happy as an ECS can be…

1 Like