Upcoming Foundry Update

Hi Adam
Don’t suppose you can give us an idea of pricing for the new version??

1 Like

@Wendyb Foundry itself will be $89. This is just a few dollars more than it is now at $84.95. That said upgrade pricing will be 50% off, which will make it $44.50.

You’ll just use your email address from your previous purchase of Foundry during checkout to receive the upgrade pricing.

I’ll announce a few more features in the coming week. I’m hoping to have quiet time to record the necessary tutorials soon, which will move me toward getting things finalized for release.

9 Likes

@elixirgraphics, I bought Foundry on 12th October 2019. Will I have to pay for the upgrade, or will there be a free upgrade, like Joe Workman did for Foundation? (I believe he went all the way back to April 2019)

Adam.

When it gets closer to time to launch Foundry v2 I will publish the upgrade information.

4 Likes

I’m new here. The reason I am here is to explore alternative frameworks other than what I’ve been using for the past five years. The other has recently updated and is changed so radically and departed from what I might call “standard” Rapidweaver and Stacks design methods, that I feel forced into a programming style of design instead of the fun and easy style of design before the update. While it surely would be great to learn proper technical practices, that is not why I came to Rapidweaver and Stacks.

That said to ask these questions. Is the upcoming update to Foundry keeping much the same structure as the current Foundry? Will Foundry continue to allow full access to Rapidweaver and Stacks standard features? Will current Foundry sites need to be rebuilt using the updated Foundry?

3 Likes

Hi there @cocoapa! Welcome to the community!

Foundry will continue work as it does today. Foundry v2 will provide many longtime user requests, new stacks, and the integration of lots of new features. I’m not changing how Foundry fundamentally works. It works really well as it is and that functionality is what makes Foundry an easy-to-use, but powerful framework, IMHO.

No, you will not need to rebuild your sites to use Foundry v2. I’m not looking to create more work for users when I don’t need to. If something fundamental changed in the framework that made it necessary for me to do so I’d have announced it long ago.

This new version will simply install over top of your current version of Foundry and add all of the new stacks, features, etc.

Hope that helps.

11 Likes

I have knocked out several tutorial videos in the past few days. Still have a pretty good sized list of videos to record, edit and upload, but things are moving along. After these videos are done I’ll formulate a launch date and discuss the upgrade grace period.

I’ll leave you all with this teaser for the upcoming release though…

dark-side

9 Likes

Hi, will I be able to use the new foundry update in RW 7.5 and stacks 3 or will I be forced to to work in RW8 and stacks 4? Thanks

Foundry will still work with Stacks v3 and RW v7. I highly encourage updating if you can, as future updates could add in RW v8 or Stacks v4 features, but the Foundry v2 release should work fine with both.

2 Likes

Also – I know many of you are probably thinking: “What is taking him so long to record videos and finalize things?!” The short of it is that I share office space with my wife who also works from home. So we have to work around each others schedules. She has phone calls and meetings regularly, where I have none, but I can’t record when she has things going on. So this slows things down a little.

That said I have three videos left that are a must before release. They’re some of the bigger videos though. Once those are done I’ll start buttoning everything up and at that time give you all a release date and info on the upgrade grace period and whatnot.

5 Likes

Happy Valentines

Not allowed to do that here in our Home Owners Association.

Hey Adam,

Looking forward to the update.

Foundry is my go to platform…relatively simple with a good amount of flexibility, maybe not as much as some other platforms but that is also what makes it so easy to build a good looking and functional website.

One thing I would really, really, really love is to see added, is the ability to have drop-down on hover nav menu option in Mega Menu. It is the only part of Foundry that I quite often have to use a 3rd party nav menu stack instead of Foundry’s built in menu options.

Looking forward to seeing your new offerings…good luck with office sharing. I did that also and yes it can add tension to the marriage sometimes…but hey working from home together can be fun too!

Cheers Scott

2 Likes

Mega Menu is a part of the Potion Pack add-on, and not the main Foundry set of stacks, so this will not be something you see in this update, as this update deals solely with the main Foundry package.

None of that here. We really like getting to both work from home and see each other every day. One of my favorite things about working for myself is getting to spend more time with Liz. :smiley:

1 Like

While I’m still working on things, you all want to see a the video for one of the new stacks in Foundry v2?

15 Likes

awesome!! Looking forward to this update.

2 Likes

All of the Documentations pages are getting updated for the Foundry v2 release. Here’s a look at a screenshot of one…

I’m using the Partitions stack I previewed yesterday to create beautiful Documentations pages for all of the stacks, including the Potion and Thunder packs. While I believe the current Documentation pages really help users out a lot, I think these new Documentation pages will be even more helpful.

14 Likes

darkside

Anyone interested in a scary good, Friday reveal?

8 Likes

PLEASE !
Pick me … Pick me !

1 Like

I tried to pick a section of the new Foundry site that doesn’t give much of anything away for this little demo gif animation. It should partially show off one of the big, new features of Foundry v2…

7 Likes